Hello, and thank you for your interest in Congregation Beth El.
As the area's first egalitarian conservative synagogue, Congregation Beth El has a membership of over 300 families. We are a warm and friendly congregation consisting of families with children of all age groups. We are large enough to offer many diversified programs yet we are small enough to be able to allow for more intimate friendships. Our many activities include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Weekly Friday evening and Saturday morning Shabbat Services
- Daily Morning Services
- Friday evening services at beach during summer months
- Tot Shabbat and Family Services
- Family Shabbat and Holiday Dinners
- Preschool and Early Childhood Programs with optional extended hours available
- Religious School for K - 8th Grade
- Adult Education Classes, Programs and Dinners
- Bible Classes and Torah Study
- Holiday Services and Celebrations
- High Holiday Babysitting and Youth Services
- Active Sisterhood and Men's Club
- Tikun Olam (Social Action) Projects
Beth El is not only a place to pray, but also a place to make friends and participate in the many social events we offer, including communal Havdalah celebrations, picnics, carnivals, dinner dances and more. We also strive to meet the needs of a diverse community and create a warm and intellectually challenging spiritual and educational environment. Whatever stage of life you are in, Beth El is sure to be a place you can call home. Our activities are entirely egalitarian, providing all rights and privileges to men and women equally.
To strengthen our relationships and especially to help newer families feel more comfortable, we have established The Ambassador Program. This exciting endeavor links members of Beth El with incoming families to create solid, high-level connections that are reinforced throughout the first year of membership.
If you would like more information or a synagogue tour, please reach out to either Susan Mittag, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jane Hillman, VP of Membership at email@example.com.
Contact our office at 203-374-5544 for more information.
Click here to download a membership application.
Click here to download information about 2017-18 New Member Incentive.
(Both form will open in a new window.)